Profile image for BeckyFeather

After three years in the role, this is my last day as the community publisher for Kingswood People.
Since its launch in 2009, the site has gone from strength to strength, with thousands visiting each month.
It's been a really rewarding job and I've loved it. I hope that the new publisher, who I am sure will introduce himself soon, enjoys it as much as I have and I wish him all the best.
I'm taking up a new role within Local People but will still be logging on to find out what's going on in and around Kingswood!
Thanks everyone for your support!
Becky

By BeckyFeather at 12:38 on 15/08/12

• Profile image for Richard34

Thanks very much Becky,
    We've had some good debates on here and I'm sure everyone will miss your news and your style of reporting. It's grown in to a very successful hyperlocal site, promoting communities across the whole area.

Our debate about Kingswood itself has now come around again and there's real debate happening with people about where Kingswood starts and ends. It's only fair to realise that after the fall of Avon that Kingswood was broken in half. People have quoted Kingswood as South Glos but actually as you've covered all along it's 50% Kingswood in Bristol and 50% Kingswood in South Glos. Bristol didn't do enough at the time to keep the name and let South Glos keep it when actually it's Kingswood all the way along Two Mile Hill Road and off every side street, almost to St George shopping area and then 50% of Hillfields and most of Speedwell as well.
    Kingswood People has brought this argument to light better than any others and maybe it's time that those Kingswood Bristol signs were welcoming people in to Bristol as well?

You've been a great leader of this site and thanks again. I'm sure King1and from Kingswood in Bristol will write as well lol..

By Richard34 at 18:56 on 17/08/12

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Local Jobs

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent