Profile image for kwoodlad

I noticed yesterday that The Chequers pub in Kingswood (which has been empty for a while and then "caught fire") now has fencing around it and all the damaged furniture is being removed. Hopefully this means that someone has bought it and we will once again have a local pub. Fingers crossed it is not being demolished and turned into more flats!

By kwoodlad at 16:17 on 11/09/12

• Profile image for Richard34

It'll be nice to see this reopen as a nice family pub like the Huntsman in Downend offering a £3.99 carvery in a revamped venue.
    This is ideally located for the new hospital and for Kingswood and Fishponds in general.
    The crown in Soundwell remains unsold and if anything this is better for flats with a huge yard at the back of the pub.

By Richard34 at 23:59 on 11/09/12

• Profile image for bristolviews

Does anyone know if the Chequers is going to re-open. They cleared out the furniture after the fire but there has been no activity there in a while. Looked at enterprise inns website and it has being removed from possible pubs to lease.

By bristolviews at 14:00 on 07/12/12

• Profile image for ant86

I heard there might be a CO~OP built there?

By ant86 at 15:49 on 10/12/12

• Profile image for Funnyfriend

All I can suggest is keep an eye on the Bristol CC planning website and see if any planning applications are submitted, although because Pubs and Shops like co-op are in the same planning class they won't necessarly need to apply for planning permission (unless they are knocking it down or converting the upstairs to residential). Hope that helps Jess

(http://tinyurl.com/ah4gg8m)

By Funnyfriend at 14:58 on 11/12/12

• Profile image for eventsmanage1

Would love to open premises back to public house but all depends on enterprise

By eventsmanage1 at 15:17 on 07/01/14

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Local Jobs

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent