Profile image for BristolBeech

My discussion topic is Cash Converters on Kingswood High Street. The following sentiment may extend to the other "second-hand shops", pawn brokers and pay day lenders in Kingswood but for the time being at least this can only be directly extended to this store.

It transpires that Cash Converters have a 3 day return policy on electronics - faulty or not you have 72 hours to test anything you have there for the avoidance of any doubt a second hand product is faulty.

Now then - totally unaware of this policy (not advertised instore, online or indeed on the receipt) I attempted to return an xbox 360 game today with the recipt, less than a month after but with no success. The store manager (and owner of the franchise) tested the game, confirmed indeed it was broken but was still unwilling to refund the purchase.

My relatively meagre purchase is nothing compared with the higher value consoles, televisions, electrical tools and of course pay day loans Cash Converters offers. If this is their approach it leaves me with grave concerns about some of the most vulnerable in our community who may feel no option but visit this store.

Now this is what I want to discuss
Kingswood High Street is a great place to do your shopping with some household high street names we should really respect and encourage their continued presence in our community - There is no place in our local high street for crooked shops like this. I would like to hear from anyone else with a similar experience.

By BristolBeech at 12:16 on 02/08/14

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Local Jobs

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent