Profile image for Richard34

ALDI will be opening their new store in Fishponds, next to Morrisons in the Spring I would guess. The site is larger than I first thought, it goes back some way.

By Richard34 at 13:51 on 08/11/10

• Profile image for bookbiker51

Where is this Aldi going?

By bookbiker51 at 20:47 on 09/11/10

• Profile image for Richard34

Hi Bookbiker,
    It's going to be where the car sales garage was M&M Motors across the road and next to Morrisons and The Farriers Arms, opposite the other cars sales garage which was once a church.
    ALDI bought this 18 months ago but they're only now starting the demolition, they'll be going back to the street next to Robinson House (Council Office).

There should be more good news for this area soon..
    www fishpondspeople co uk

By Richard34 at 23:02 on 09/11/10

• Profile image for bookbiker51

Thanks for that Richard34. I guess c hoice is good but I am able to avoid supermarkets these days!

By bookbiker51 at 17:14 on 10/11/10

• Profile image for 10kate

Any news on when the new Aldi store Fishponds, Bristol is due to open?
    As there doesn't seem any progress in building it.

By 10kate at 09:52 on 06/07/11

Hi 10Kate, I've not heard any news recently. A few people believe they started the work before their planning application expired but this is just rumour I'd guess. Hopefully this won't be left for too long though.. with Focus, (Old Lidl store) and now the old Woolworths store closed, as well as, all of the road changes about to start it could be a struggle on the smaller retailers until the end of the year. ALDI may be waiting to see what happens with Channons Hill Retail Park before they build their store... they may decide to sell instead.

By Richard34 at 12:20 on 06/07/11

A few people have asked about the new ALDI store in Fishponds. We can now confirm that the new ALDI Store is planned to be built by the end of 2012 or very early 2013. The gentleman from ALDI said that it will definately happen and work will commence after their new store in Henbury is up and running. Fishponds is next on the construction list! In the meantime Woolworths Store is apparently reopening as Sainsburys Local.

By Richard34 at 16:38 on 04/11/11

• Profile image for dean2094

how can i apply for the jobs in fishponds aldi ?

By dean2094 at 15:11 on 11/10/12

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent